Thursday, June 6, 2013

This is Me ~Stuck on U Sketches!~

Welcome to reveal Friday at Stuck on U Sketches! This week we had a unique sketch to work with! By unique I mean different and wonderful! It definitely made you think "outside the box" and challenged your creativity in a very positive way!

I felt it was time to do a layout all about me! This year has been a year of change for me, all in a positive way. I am starting to get older, and with having some health issues and alot of weight gain over the years due to medication, and I guess just plain ole' indifference I finally realized it was time to make some serious changes! So to make a long story short, as of today there is 37 lbs less of me to love! I have a ways to go yet, but am happy with my success!

Anyways, I took some "self portraits" over the last months trying to get a good photo of me and these were the best!  I used Kaiser Craft's Needle & Thread paper collection. I love the vintage feel it has [kind of like myself! lol]

 Here is the gorgeous sketch that Sandi Clarkson designed for us. I loved it the moment I saw it! She does a lot of amazing work! Check out her blog!

 Here is a close up of the main embellishment cluster. I used a few I am Roses flowers that I either inked and then whitewashed with gesso, or just whitewashed. I did some fussy cutting of some flowers and the bow and spool of thread and scissors are part of the collection.

 Here is a close up of the top photo. I used a doily die [french pastry] from Cheery Lynn Designs, and the bird is a metal bird I got from Michaels that was originally black. I just gave it a few coats of gesso. 

 In this photo  is a butterfly I made with a Memory Box die that I inked with a Prima pink chalk ink and brushed a bit of gesso onto it. The cute little pink buttons I bought at our local Thrift Store.

 Some more I am Roses flowers and some buttons and a Prima lightbulb.

 Here is a close look at some of the stenciling I did with 2 Prima masks, Crackles and Static... love them both! I used Light Moulding Paste, and in the center part of the layout I also used some pink and yellow Glimmer Mist.  I also gave the whole layout [not photos] a white wash of gesso, just to soften it up some more

 I did some faux stitching around the edges of the pages and the distressed layers, with a black pen.

 Finally we get to the title. Can I be that age already? Didn't I just turn 18? Time flies,  doesn't it! The "This is ME" is actually a Kaiser Craft rub on that I rubbed on to a transparency. For some reason I never have luck with these, especially right on the layout itself! Don't know what I am doing wrong! So I did it this way and then just cut it out and adhered it with vellum tape.

Now, I am positive that you all will want to give this sketch a try! Please go to the SOUS blog and see all the gorgeous layouts the girls came up with! You are SURE to be inspired! Please link your projects us to the blog so we can leave some love and for a chance to be in the top 3! We love featuring your work too!
Be Blessed!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie, wow your layout is amazing - you made this one look so easy! Really beautiful as are your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics and page! Super cool background and awesome clusters..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, congrats on the life changes you are making to become healthier! I can imagine that you are feeling wonderful. I'm glad you did a layout about yourself. It's beautifully done, just like the beautiful woman you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great you did a layout about you! Too often we scrappers are behind the camera! Love your layers, so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic Bonnie on all counts , the LO, your success at weight loss, & the fact you scrapped yourself !!! hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously amazing Bonnie! Love the background and joe you've created all your layers. Thanks for the shout-out! Congrats on a new you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout as always Bonnie. Loving your gesso work, layers, distressing, and your clusters are just too perfect. Great photo's of you too.... HugZ xx

    ReplyDelete