Its reveal day! We got another awesome sketch from Page maps! Surprise surprise! There is no pink on this layout! I have a hard time doing a masculine layout, and this week I was determined to scrap some photos of my handsome son! These are photos that my sister took of Jordan last summer at his high school graduation.
I kept very close to the sketch, just flipping it so it worked better with my photos. I did some heavy distressing with my Zutter Distrezz it all - great little machine, and pink too! The flourish I used is a Prima stud flourish, and I used alcohol ink and blending tool to change it to blue.
Here is what the sketch looks like.
Here is a close up of some of the masking I did with my Tim Holtz mask of clocks and cogs and wheels. I used a few colors of TH distress inks. The chipboard butterflies are by Mayaroad and I left them naked with inked edges. I'm still trying to keep this layout masculine!
The flower embellishment I made consists of the flower, inked and misted ric rac , and some dark brown burlap I found at my local thrift shop. See last photo for a close up on the flower with some more details.
In this photo you can see the distressing and inking I did on the photo, using a sanding block and my handy dandy TH distressing tool, and distress ink in black. I did some stitching with the sewing machine as well.
This is a close up of the flower I made, using leftover strips of paper that I used on the layout. It was alot of fun to make, and I plan on doing a tutorial on it in the near future. I wanted to make a masculine flower, and this was born!
Thanks for checking out my layout, and head on over to SOUS and see what the rest of the team came up with! Make sure you spread some love!!