Thursday, June 20, 2013

Spring blossoms ~Stuck on U Sketches~ June 21 sketch

Its sketch reveal day at SOUS! Its hard to believe its almost the end of June! Were I live, school is almost over and the grade 12's graduate on the 25th! Summer is "officially" here! I still had spring on my mind with this layout. I took this photo of a ornamental crab apple tree we have out in front of our house. The blossoms were soo pretty and smelled SO good! I thought it would be good to scrap about it!

I had a really hard time with this layout. It didn't help that I had my dates wrong and I thought I had one more week to work on it, so I was really pressed for time. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but to bring it into action was seemingly a very different story! I had tried 3 other background before I got this to work for me. Yikes! lol

 Here is the sketch designed by our own Sandi Clarkson! I really was looking forward to doing this sketch! White space is always a challenge for me and I that this sketch was brilliant! Unfortunately I didn't execute it the way I saw it in my brain!

 Here is a close up of the first flower cluster. I hand made all the flowers on this layout. for These I believe it was a Cheery Lynn Designs die that I used and I inked them with Picked Raspberries distress ink, spritzed them down with water and crinkled them up. Once they were dry I opened them up, thread the stamen thru the centers and glued it all in place. I then hit them all with a bit of gesso. I also used some Dusty Attic stems/leaves that I first painted with gesso and then with Peeled Paint distress ink, used my heat gun to quickly dry them and touched them with gesso.





 Here you can see a closer view of the stenciling I did with Prima's Static stencil and some light moulding paste that I turned pink by adding some Black Cherry Glimmermist. These flowers were cut with a die from Memory Box.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please stop by SOUS to see the other designers work. I would like to encourage you to try this awesome sketch, and then link it up to the SOUS blog so that we can leave you some love, and also, your layout could be chosen to be in our Top 3!

Be Blessed!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful job using the sketch .. and fab, fab flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the use of punches and that Prima stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! You are so creative (and patient) to make all those flowers! Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorjuss indeed. Those flowers are amazing and I love your layout its sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout! The flower sprays are so, so pretty! Like the stenciling too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally loving your handmade flowers Bonnie - they look so "real" - beautiful. The stencil work is awesome too. Gorgeous page... Hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page and all its details is amazing in its own right but as a last minute job? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I DO think this turned out REALLY cool!
    I adore your take on the sketch and the details are the best
    (as always!)
    Hope your time off is going well....we're off on a wee vacay
    here in a bit! =)
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete