Thursday, April 25, 2013

The peaceful heart ~ Stuck On U Sketches~

Happy reveal Friday at Stuck On U Sketches!! You are in for a treat with this weeks sketch....... it is gorgeous! I had fun creating with it! I was at a weekend scrapbooking retreat last weekend and I used that time to create my take on the sketch!  I used Prima's Sunrise paper collection, designed by the famous Finnabar!  I thought the papers went really well with my photo, giving it a "bohemian" kind of feel!

This is my gorgeous sister in this photo....she was helping out a fellow photographer by being his model. :)  I REALLY love the pinky/purpley color that stand out on the old beat up vehicle she is leaning against and I wanted to bring that out.  I used Rangers  new Distress Paint in Raspberry on the Dusty Attic title and circle!

Here is the gorgeous sketch I was telling you about! It was designed by our famous and talented Nanne!

In this upper left hand corner you can see some of Prima's new goodies I have used.  I painted the metal flower with the pink distress paint and then took a sanding block to it to distress it. I painted the little bird with gesso.  I also thinned out some of the pink distress painted and used a dropper to drip it down the page a bit.

Close up of the Dusty Attic title.

I used some I am Roses flowers and Bo Bunny flowers here, and I added some cheese cloth threads around the cluster to fill it out more.  I also used some metal thingys [sorry, the names elude me!] designed by Finnabar!

I used some metal clocks made by Prima, designed by Finnabar.

Here you can see the squiggly doodles I did around the perimeter of the layers of paper, making each layer pop and giving them more definition. I used Martha Stewart.s butterfly punch, and also used a new mask on the background with moulding paste and a few sprites of pink Glimmer Mist!

I think I've pulled off the look I was going for, and I am so glad you stopped by to see it! Now please go to the SOUS blog, and be prepared to get your socks knocked off by the beautiful designs the other girls created with Nanne's amazing sketch!  Please link your layouts back to the SOUS blog and you could be in our top 3!  Be blessed and have a happy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie, this is beautiful have a great day. BFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is OUTSTANDING!! My fave of the reveal,really. The pic itself is amazing and all your touches and colors are spot-on! I hope you submit this for publication somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful.. such a lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in this layout! The distressed, shabby look is fantastic on your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly amazing page! So artistic and bewitching! A fave for sure!

    BTW, yes the polka dot paper is part of the Divine collection. It is called Rosebud and is the backside of the paper on my SOUS page that is striped with red and blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout, Bonnie!!!! Love all of the different techniques you used!!! Beautiful papers and embellies!!! And your sister is so pretty!! Hope you are having a great day!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete