Thursday, March 25, 2010

Swirlydoo does it for me!

I just recently got my first Swirlydoo kit, and did my first sketch challenge!  Take a look at the kit I got!

Sweet Girl- March Butterfly Whispers Sketch Challenge



The designer of the sketch we had to follow is Beggahuna, She is one talented lady! Krissy, the founder of Swirlydoo's sure knows how to put together an awesome kit!  We got a brown velvet paper and a burgandy one too.  I  used the brown to frame out the bracket diecut I made on my Cricut.  With my Gypsy, I could actually combine 2 different bracket frames  weld them together and cut it out.


I had purchased the Martha Stewart Loopy punch set a while ago, and could finally use it. I took the scraps the punch made and glued them in a line along the long side of the green floral strip of paper.



I used my Tim Holtz Idea-ology Flourish mask, and used my Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a small foam brush to apply the ink in a circular motion to get a softer look. I used Aged Mahogany Distress Ink to *highlight* the one edge of the white chipboard letters that also came with the kit.


The cute Prima blooms came from my stash of scrappy goodies, and added some Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the 2 inner layers. The leaves I cut out with my Gypsy/Cricut, then inked and used Peeled Paint Distress Stickles. I punhed out the small butterflies with my MS punch and then used Crystal Stickles and little pearls for the body.


On the large chipboard flourish, I used Ranger Distress Embossing Powder in walnut stain.


Here, I took some of the white fiber ribbon and inked it with Aged Mahogany, and used the same ink of the chipboard flower.  Using some of the same paper I used on the bracket frame, I punched out a circle and put it behind the flower and edged the paper with Frosted Lace Stickles.

I really like the way my first layout turned out..... can't wait to see what I can do with the rest!

I forgot to mention the real star of this layout.  The Sweet Girl is my Grand-Niece Madden, at the age of 2... I think!!  She is a real sweetheart!  Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this layout Bonnie...LOVE the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! Love the inked title and the embossed swirlies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Work is so Beautiful!!! I really enjoy the March swirlydoos kit!!!!! You did so beautiful with the kit!!!

    ReplyDelete