Friday, March 12, 2010

Bug- March diecut do challenge at PIT

I've had this title roaming around my head for a little while now, and was waiting for the right picture and opportunity to use it.  It has a special meaning and message behind it. BUG stand for Beautiful Unique Girl, and is a ministry for young girls. Read this bit I got off of their website.

Here's the scoop! At Beautiful Unique Girl, we want to see people embrace life fully! That’s hard to do when we get stuck in hurt, pain, confusion, hopelessness and lies we believe about ourselves. As a group made up of young women, we know what it's like to go through pressures, tough experiences and negative messages as a teenager. Some of us had people speak truth into our lives when we were teens; some of us didn’t. But one thing we’ve all learned is that understanding how special we are to God, how lovingly He created us, and how He wants us to live close to Him has made all the difference in our lives. Whether you're enjoying your teen years or finding them a challenge, join us for the journey in discovering your true self, the God who made you, and how important you are in the world around you.

We call ourselves Beautiful Unique Girl because beauty is something we’re born with, not something we have to go out looking for. As you discover God's truth about you and embrace His Word, your true beauty will shine through every situation and circumstance.

I would encourage those of you who have young girls to check out the whole website!

In this photo,is my daughter Jerica, and the girl she was mentoring while she was running for *Miss Winkler* pageant.  The girls in this pageant had to spend a certain amount of time with young girl and be their mentor.  Jerica and Brenna hit it off right away.   They did all kinds of cool things, and one of them was to do facials!  Brenna's Mom took this photo.  I think it is adorable and very fitting for this title I had foating around in my head!
 I did this for a challenge at Pages in Time .    We needed to use a certain amount of embellishments  made with our die cutting machines.  Plus, there was the *Big Spring Time Twist* which was we were to cut out our title and alter it using our imagination!

I got out my Basic Grey papers, and used the Lemonade collection.  I knew I had to use one of my new cartridges with my cricut, and that was Home Decor. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!

 I used this cartridge to cut the flowers, the butterfly, branch and the bird!  This is what it looked like when I had it all laid out on my Cricut mat before I cut it all out with my Gypsy/Cricut!
Looks confusing, doesn't it?  Once you know what you are doing, it is such a time saver to know exactly where to place your paper and to know how big to make it! Here is a pic of the butterfly and the bird.

On the butterfly I coated it with Ranger Crackle Paint in Rock Candy, and when it was dry added to the layout with pop dots.  The pink scroll is from NiclinDesigns1225.  I just ordered some more of her amazing scrolls and they should be coming any day!

The cute little bird that I love, and Jerica hates, [she has this thing about birds] was inked in a raspberry ink, and I used Smooch Ink in Kiwi and Ocean Soul.  I love the finish this ink gives!  I used a pink pearl for the birds eye.
I did some doodling around the border on the journaling card and the bracket diecut paper.
Now, here on the title, and the *twist*.  I cut out the first letter of each word out of chipboard on my Cricut[first time cutting chipboard on it and it worked great!]  I used my Storybook cartridge.  I then used a Versmark embossing ink and loaded each letter with that, and then sprinkled on a generous  portion of Rangers Distress Embossing Powder in Walnut stain.  I then took my MS heat gun and heated up the powder till it melted.  I then added a second coat just to make sure I had good coverage.  The trick with this product is to first shake the bottle up so it is well mixed and when it is done and cooled off, you are to take your finger and rub it across the embossed letters to remove the distressed partials. Check out this demo to find out the details.

I then typed up the rest of  each word on the computer and printed it off.  I cut them out and inked the edges, bent up the strips a bit and then with a glue dot, adhered the words to each capital letter.
I but 3 white pearls on  each capital letter.

Thanks for visiting and taking a look! If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you, hopefully with the answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment