Friday, August 5, 2011

Embrace ~ Girlie Grunge style!

 Happy Friday, everyone!!  It's reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches once again!  Our sketch today was brought to us by our very own Leah!  I really had fun with this one!  I tried to accomplish a style called Girlie Grunge, that Donna Salazar is known for.  Hope you like!!




 This is a photo that was taken of dd and her now fiance`, then bf.  I think it was my niece Dayna that took it. Its such 'in the moment' totally not posed for photo, that I fell in love with it! I used pattern papers from Bo Bunny's Gabrielle line.   I had so much fun with Gesso, crackle paint, inking, masking and using some metal embellishments.




Here is the gorgeous sketch by Leah.  I flipped it to work with my photo better.



I hand made all the flowers, starting off white and using watered down distress ink to build layers of color.




Here you can see the Dusty Attic butterfly that I used Distress Crackle paint and the metal clock by Tim Holtz.


 I love the Melissa Frances key and lock, and thought it really brought out the feel I was trying to create!  It's hard to see in this photo, but the bottom corner of the corrugated cardboard, has glitter on it.  I sprinkled it on while the Gesso was still wet. 


 
Some more Dusty Attic goodness!  I just got the chicken wire from them and couldn't wait to use some!  I used Distress Stain and  Puffy paint.  I fussy cut the big butterfly out of the paper and used   
Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint,  and then some Patina Stickles.  The lovely white flourish is from NiklinDesigns1225 on her Etsy store.




Here is a close up of the masking I did with a Prima mask,  the DA chicken wire, and the script stamp in the top right hand corner that I stamped and embossed with distress embossing powder!


And there you have it! My take on Girlie Grunge!  It was fun getting my hands dirty!  I will definitively will be doing this again!  I am thinking of mounting this layout onto a canvas and giving it to my daughter to hang in their house once they are married!  I can hardly believe TOMORROW is the big day!!! 


Be Blessed!

10 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous...I love every inch of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT photos of the layout...they really make the page come alive and show off those details! I LOVE everything you add to your pages and they always give them such a rich and artistic feel!
    And I can see why you love the photo so...its really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Girlie Grunge" - I like it. So many techniques, it looks as though you really had fun. Love the masking, I must do that. All the details are fab. Hope the BIG day is wonderful.... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is amazing - I LOVE the chicken wire - it's the coolest ever! Girly Grungyness - you nailed it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEEE Bonnie this is fantastic ... love your girly grunge ... hugzX:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Bonnie .. I am a bit slow getting around to everyone's blog this time around. This is one fabulous page .. I think I want to lift the whole thing! I do love cc and chicken wire .. makees such a statement. And I bought Gesso about a month ago but have used very little. This is just jaw-dropping gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a-ma-zing!! Loving the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie this is gorgeous!!!! Your eye for detail is just amazing!!!! I think your daughter would love to have this one for sure!! I'm sure the wedding turned out beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, Your work is BEAUTIFUL as I remember!!! Love the flowers!! Thanks for visiting me. You put a big smile in my face, I will surprise you soon!!! HUGS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete