Friday, August 19, 2011

Bubbles - Shabby Chic at Stuck on U Sketches

 Happy reveal Friday!  I am happy to report to you that the Wedding was a success and I have been a Mother-in-law for almost 2 weeks! We saw the kids this past Sunday after they got home from their Honeymoon and they looked very happy and relaxed.

On with the layout!  Our sketch was provided our very own Leah, and this one really got me thinking. Its totally not my style, and once I got past what her theme was, it was really fun for me!


I snagged this photo off of my sil's camera.  Here is Nila again, [love her] and I knew this would be a fun one to scrap.  I wanted to keep it in the same color family with the different shades of pink, with pops of green in the foliage and Prima flowers.  This photo was screaming SHABBY!  I had to oblige! 




                                                        Here is the sketch by Leah
         



                                                                              This is an interesting angle....you can see the different layers of Dusty Attic Chippies I've used. The little pink flowers I had made for a sharing tree for Jerica's wedding, and once it was over I carefully picked the flowers off the tree and now will use them in my layouts!  I made 300 of them following this tutorial by Grace and Grace's Scrap Attic.

                                                                                I had been saving these Prima flowers for quite some time, and knew this was the time to break them out.  I also used the Prima vine with the acrylic flowers and leaves.  I took my Picket Fence Distress Crackle paint and touch areas of the vine with it, giving it a really cute look.

                                                                                   
                                                                                  I love Dusty Attic Chippies so much! I used the gate on my layout and I painted it with Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger. I lightly rubbed some Vintage Photo distress ink over it, wipe most of it away, and added a few touches of pink. Beautiful!
                                                                             
                                                                                   
                                                                                  I recently purchased this  Dusty Attic Vine.  I inked it with Distress stain, and then embossed it with Distress Powder, and then added some Distress Crackle paint on the edges.  The paint was white, but since the distress inks are reactivated by water, the paint took on a green shade.  I love how this turned out!

                                 

                                                                                      Here you can see the title I made using Thickers. Again, Prima flower with DA vine.  I used crinkled ribbon that was hand dyed by my good friend Lori Patterson who is the owner of Love is in the Details,  my main 'hangout' that I found when I first started scrapping.


                                                                    Close up of Nila and the other goodies!


Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all with stop by SOUS, and try out the awesome sketch challenges PLUS the new Die Cut Challenge they have added!  The design team for the DCC does awesome work with their Cricuts!


I hope to have some photos of the items I made for the wedding, and a photo of the Bride and Groom!  Now go spread the love!

11 comments:

  1. lovely details and awesome page as usual Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so beautiful.. i really love this.. a new follower here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Bonnie...such gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great take on the sketch and Beautiful! I love all the details....

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous work Bonnie...love all the details and all the flowers are devine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bonnie...I am surprised Shona didn't comment that she had said the same thing about the sketch. But I love that you all saw the potential in it...cause remember, you never have to do those embellies shown (thank God for most the time. LOL)
    I just really enjoyed what you've done...as always friend!

    And SO glad to hear the wedding went well and everyone is home and safe! Such blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer .. what a gorgeous page! Love how you replaced the smaller photo with the DA gate! And the pic screams shabby? Even if it didn't, I think the results would be the same .. heehee! When we find our style, we find it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word, is this gorgeous or what?.. Luv that flower vine running accross the bottom of the layout and your hidden rose.. this is an amazing take on Leah's sketch..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful layout Bonnie, so much happening, loving all the little details, the DA gate and vine, the flower clusters and vines, all working together perfectly.... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful layout, Bonnie!!! I love the different textures you use. The flowers are gorgeous.. The handmade and primas! And wow you made 300 little flowers for your daughter's sharing tree!! AMAZING!!! So happy for the newlyweds!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Bonnie !! I love how you are using the flowers from the sharing tree that you made. My favourite is the garden gate it fits in so well

    ReplyDelete