Friday, July 8, 2011

Cherished is a daughter - Stuck on U Sketches!


Is it really Friday already?  I love reveal Friday at Stuck on U Sketches!  I can't wait to share with you the sketch we got to work with this week!  It is an original by Nanne herself!  This one came really easy for me, and everything just seemed to flow right.  Gotta love that when that happens! I finally got my hands on Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden Paper Collection and I am in love!  These papers are so gorgeous, and the paper collection contained 4 sheets of each design!  Yes! 4!


This gorgeous girl is my daughter who is getting married on August 6/11.  This photo was taken during a engagement photo shoot with Cheryl Wolfe Photography., who happens to be my sister!  There will be more layouts from the engagements photos to follow.


Here is the sketch that Nanne did, and I kept pretty true to the design. Why mess with a good thing?



I did a whole lot of fussy cutting, and the 2 butterflies are part of that.  I covered them with Rock Candy Distress Stickles and layered them once they were dry.  I used pop dots under the wings to help them stay in the position I wanted them to be in.  I used a strand of pearls for the butterfly trail.



For the title I used white Thickers and slightly overlapped them, and I also used MM mini alphas.  I used my sewing machine to add the gorgeous detail of the stitching. Through out the layout you will see areas where I have used touches of white Puffy Paint.  Love that touch!



I used a Dusty Attic piece that I painted with Gesso, then Rock Candy Distress Paint, and finally a touch of Tea Dye Distress ink.  I hand made the flower, adding many touches to add character.  The leaves were made with a stamp from Heartfelt Creations.  I inked it, cut it out, shaped it and glued it in place.




Here you can see the dimension of the little roses tucked under the fussy cut flower, and the touches of stickles I used. 




I cut the brown flourish on my Cricut/Gypsy, inked it and then embossed it with Walnut Stain Distress Embossing powder.  Don't forget to rub it once its cool to get rid of the release crystals and discard them!  More touches of Stickles on the butterfly and to highlight the roses in the pattern paper. 





In this photo I wanted to show you the dimension of the butterfly and its pearl trail as it loops around the flowers. 


Please head on over to Stuck on U Sketches to see what the rest of the design team has come up with, and take a look at the goodies you could win if you participate in the 2 sketch challenges!

12 comments:

  1. Wow Bonnie I have to say that because every time I see your lay outs they are always sooooo Beautiful! Such details WOW....
    Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgous page love how you did the flower

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing Bonnie...love that photo and all the layers of goodies..beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. The depth and layers on this page are simply amazing. You have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang Bonnie, this is so cool! So lovely! So perfect!
    The papers and colors and all the choices in details are awesome I think and I can't wait to see the rest of the photos...
    And congrats to the family on the upcoming wedding...so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, this is a piece of art!!!!! WOW!!! I love all of the details you've added and your daughter is beautiful!!! Congratulations to the upcoming wedding!! I pray she's feeling better!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!!
    I have some of that paper too, and I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh wow ... awesome LO ... love it all & yes that range of papers is absolutely beeeautiful .. X:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Bonnie, Sorry I'm late in coming around. So much going on. Love these papers .. actually used them yesterday and fussy cut the doily just like you did .. seemed like the natural thing to do but didn't realize you had too. Love your touches of puffy paint and the awesome altering on the flourishes. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous Bonnie. Love all the fussy cutting, and I love the string of pearls. Bought this line of paper yesterday, and the coordinating clearstamps who are absolutely gorgeous. So looking forward to use them!!

    What a beautiful picture of your daughter BTW, and all the best for the upcoming wedding. August 6th this year will be my 6th wedding anniversary. a wonderful day to get married (one of my best friends are getting married that day too)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! so many wonderful eye catching details, like the string of pearls and the hand made flower.. Another wonderful layout Bonnie..
    hugs
    nanné
    p.s. sorry so late commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog through scrapbook.com. LOVE IT. hope you will come follow me too at www.kristinkottwitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally GORGEOUS!!!! Your design is divine, as well as your colour choice and embellishment. Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete