Friday, July 22, 2011

Bloom Reveal Friday at SOUS!

 YAY! It's Friday! I can't believe how fast the weeks fly by and summer is half over!  I can't believe my daughter is getting married in 2 weeks!  Today I want to share with you my take on the sketch that  our own Nanne Harry created for us on the Stuck on U Sketches  blog! Its a beauty!  My layout features my great niece Nila, sitting amongst the flowers. Her mom is the photographer of this sweet photo!



I used Pink Paislee's  Butterfly Garden pattern paper and did lots of inking, masking and distressing.



Here is the sketch created by Nanne.  Isn't it gorgeous?



I used some Prima flowers,  made the little ones with the blue center with my small retro flower punch, and the pink one is from Dollarama that I inked. Check out the metal butterfly I got from Wal-Mart nestled in the leaves!



I used some of my decorative scissors that hadn't been touched in a while to cut out the matting around the photo, and used some liquid pearls on it, and of course, inked the edges.  To make the bird cage on the paper stand out I used turquoise Stickles and outlined it.  I got some new Thickers the other day and used them on the main part of my title.




Here is a close up view of the flower cluster.  If you look closely at the pink flower you can see that I made a flower from and vintage book and placed it under the inked flower .  I had made these quite some time ago and am happy to finally put them to use! I'm loving all the dimension and layers! 



How do you like the fairy peeking out from behind the photo mat?  I fussy cut her out of the paper and inked the edges and put a bit of Stickles on her wings.  I stamped the floral image  above her head.  The stamp is part of the Butterfly Garden collection.


This is a close up look at the rose/pearl strand circle I made.  The roses are from I am Roses, that were white to start with, and I inked them with Worn Lipstick distress ink.  I used my MS leaf punch and glued the roses and leaves around the machine stitched circle I had made prior.  Now I knew it need one more thing, so I got my stash of pearl string that I got at my local thrift store and  wove it in and out of the roses.  Love it!


  I want to remind you of the blog candy that is being given away this month.   Plus, the mini album blog hop is just around the corner!  Its going to be so exciting!  My first blog hop!  Thank you all for coming to look at my work.  You will never know how much your words of encouragement mean to me!  I just love sharing the things I learn with everyone!   I can't wait to see what you girls do with the sketch!

7 comments:

  1. Bonnie I really love this one - so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job, Bonnie! Truly awesome job on that circle of flowers you created! Love that you never do anything halfway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    I LOVE this Bonnie, That circle of flowers and pearls oh so pretty! And that is such a great picture....Awesome my friend!
    Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. well beyond amazing....so many outstanding details and that circle of pearls and roses is to die for

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the circlet of pearls & roses ... very sweet LO ... gorgeous ... Cheers X:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this layout is just so gorgeous, you have such an eye for lil deteials.......amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout, Bonnie!!!! Ther circle of flowers and pearls is just fabulous!! Super sweet photo, too!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete