Thursday, October 23, 2014

Amazing. ~Scraps of Elegance - "Mary's Song", September Kit~



Hello, my peeps! I bet you've been wondering where the heck I have been! It must of seemed I dropped of the face of this earth but I did not.  On September 17/14 my husband was is in serious motorcycle accident, and my life was put on hold. By the Grace of God and through the prayers of many many people my husband is doing very well and will hopefully be coming home in a couple of weeks! He is in an amazing rehab facility that work with brain injuries, plus working with physical and occupational therapies as well.  I have been living at my daughters' in winnipeg during this whole time and have only gone home on two separate occasions.  God is good! Soon we will resume life, but which a whole new appreciation for it and each other and God!

Because of this, I have had to step down from my design team obligations with Scraps of Elegance, and I only have 1 layout to share with you that I created the day before the accident.  I didn't get a chance to edit any close ups, and this is the only photo I have on my iPad to share with you. So let me introduce  "Amazing" using the September kit 'Mary's Song' from Scraps of Elegance !


I was really looking forward to create with this gorgeous kit and am glad I managed to get one project done! This layout features my great niece Cassidy. This beautiful child is truly amazing! She was born with Cystic Fibrosis, and once they found the diagnosis and started receiving testament, she has flourished and is a healthy happy girl. She is charming, talented, smart as a whip and a beautiful Child of God!

It's been so long now, but I am pretty sure I used bits of all the kit and add ons. I did lots of stencil/moulding paste work, and used some Blue Fern Studio chipboard. I know I used a sketch for inspiration, but since I am not home and don't have it with me, I can't remember whom it was by.

Well, thanks so much for looking! I don't know when I will be back with more, but hopefully I will be able to get back to scrapping in the not to far from now future!


Be Blessed!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Bonnie, what a journey you have been on. I am glad to read your husband is recovering an first pray he just keeps getting as well as he can. So glad to read that your faith is string too and may G do continue to be your all suffient one..take care, sending prayers and love..xxlizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and nice posts!
    I'd like to invite you to comment and follow my blog, you can read it in English:)

    www.meyonn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that, Bonnie. I've been away for awhile and I'm just stopping g in on my friends blogs to see what they have been up to. Prayers for your family.... xo

    ReplyDelete