Thursday, August 14, 2014

Scraps of Elegance and Raindrops on Roses = Gorgeous Inspiration Board!

Hello Peeps! This month at SOE/SOD Melinda decided to forgo the usual monthly sketches and go for an Inspiration Board! The super cool thing is that it works for both of the kit clubs! As I am designing for Scraps of ELegance, I used the August kit, Rain drops on Roses. What a fun kit to play with and design, and the Inspiration board helps you think outside the box.  So, this is the layout I came up with using the Inspiration board! you can find the info to our inspiration board and challenge here-http://scrapsofdarkness.blogspot.ca/2014/08/our-august-challenge.html

 What I took for inspiration was the frames, the b/w and color photo, and the trail of flowers. To create this layout, I used the Main Kit, the Coordinating paper add on, the Floral add on,the Color add on, and the Creativity add on.


isn't this beautiful? I bet you could create something equally if not more beautiful with this to inspire you!

 For the title, I cut out a phrase from the Authentic Life Cards that came in the main kit and placed them inside one of the frames. I used the sprays from the color add on behind it to make it pop and embellished the top corner with flowers from the kit.  I used a boarder punch some what randomly around the background paper.

 Here is a close up to one of the flower clusters. I used a Prima mask and homemade modeling paste and the pink and blue sprays from the kit. I dry brushed the flowers and leaves with gesso.

 Same idea on this flower cluster. You can see I outlined the circles from the stencil with a black pencil making them pop and did some random stamping with a prina stamp. Don' t you just love this photo? I found it on line for free!

 I placed my photo on pop dots on top of  theses super cute frames that I layered on top of each other, and I fussy cut the black clock from the middle piece of one of the frames. I also used a embossing pen and the embossing powder that came in the Creativity add on. It is very subtle but if you look closely you can see the squiggled lines coming off the four corners of the central part of the layout.  I also splattered some of the sprays.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and please go to the blog and check out the inspiration board and get inspired!

Be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful mood board and wonderful layout too.. love the circles on your back ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous page as always! So girly and awesome techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just breath-taking-ly gorgeous!!!!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete