Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fabulous with SOE July kit 'Chasing Rabbits'

Today I want to share with you my second layout I created with Scraps of Elegance July kit "Chasing Rabbits. I really love the floral papers in this kit and all the cute clocks. This layout is featuring my favourite sisters to scrap, Cassidy and Lucia! They are so cute, and I am sure you can tell why I love to scrapbook them so much!

For this layout, I kept the mixed media to a minimum, using only one stencil and some homemade texture paste. I felt the words described the girls quite well! I did lots of edge distressing, some paper ripping and inked the edges as well.


On this close up you can see the Blue Fern Studio double frame that I altered. I first primed everything with gesso. And then on the top part I used Liquid Pearls to create raised flourishes and designs following the pattern of the frame. Unfortunately, after it dried it flattened out much more than I would of liked, losing most of the detail! I then embossed it with a Shabby Chic ivory embossing enamel and used black distress ink on the outer edges. The large clock is from a die that I own and I used Inka Gold, distress inks in brown shades,  with a few splatters of black and white sprays.


I did a little ripping on this side of the layout and I added a bit of lace to bring attention to this area. I used the cool word stickers from Heidi Swapp that was part of the main kit. I wanted it to sit on top of the frame so I just fussy cut it right on the acetate it was stuck onto to keep it stiff, and the. Just glued it on.


I fussy cut out some clocks and some flowers and used these as the base for this cluster at the top of the page. I added a few flowers from my stash and a cute resin frame.


Here you can see a close up of my main flower cluster using flowers from the Floral add on and from my stash. I used one of my MS butterfly punches and added them in a few stragic places on the layout. Finally, I dry brushed all the flowers with Gesso, and along the outer edges I used more Inka Gold and gesso for definition.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and I hope you gained some insight on how I like to add character to some of my layouts, some inspiration, and I hope you will leave a few kind words of encouragement!

                    Be Blessed!

Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Bonnie! Cute photo and love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous layout, Bonnie! Great job on the double frame .. I think it looks real cool! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete