Wednesday, April 30, 2014

More projects with C'est Magnifique Kits!

Hi! I'm back today for the second time! Now I want to share with you 2 more projects I created with "Simple Elegance", the May kit from C'est Magnifique. 
This layout is very special to me, as it is the first layout done with the engagement photos of my son and his lovely Fiancee! This layout is different for me, as I kept it really clean and simple. No misting! No edge distressing!  I had to ink the edges though, as I wanted the layers to pop. The color yellow is a difficult color for me to work with, not really a fan, but I really think I pulled it off with this layout! 
I fussy cut out the heart from one of the papers and i did a tiny bit of masking with a stencil and molding paste on the pale yellow background, and I used the stamp and ink that came with the kit as well.  I used a few border punches, and a Memory Box die, and MS butterfly punch.  I love how the black and white photo just pops off the page!  I will have more engagement layouts to share in the future! 

Here are some close ups!

 I really stepped out of my comfort zone this month, not only in color, but I did some CARDS!!! Those of you who know me well, know that I don't "do" cards! Well, I have decided that its time to make some changes around here!  This is my first card of  the kit to share! It's not the best sentiment, but you must remember, I don't do cards, so I don't really own any sentiment stamps! I will get there!

I wanted to use the purple papers that came in the kits as well as use up the crocheted doilies. To make them go further, I cut them in half and got twice as many!  I fussy cut the bird on the branch out an added the purple flower spray. Everything on this card is from the kit.  I distressed the edges, but didn't ink them this time. I am happy with how it turned out! 

Here are some close ups!
For my second card I wanted to go more shabby chic! I used the grey print paper from the kit and used a stencil with molding paste and chalk ink. I first put the chalk in down and then added the molding paste over top of that, so the pink showing through is more soft and subtle.  I stamped around the edges with a Prima stitch stamp[ LOVE it!] and the I glued the pink rhinestone ribbon down and layered some of the chipboard embellishments that came in the kit. I outlined them with a black marker to make them more defined and to tie in with the stitching stamped around the edges.  I then cut a flower in half, and tucked it under the chipboard with some leaves, added some butterflies and softened everything with some gesso!


Here are some close ups of this card!

Thanks so much for stopping by for the second time today! I will be back tomorrow and share another engagement layout and my take on the May Sketch! See you then!
Be Blessed!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie! Your layout is really beautiful.. I love the folded corner with the flowers there... elegant design.. and such a precious moment in the photo too.. and way to go with cards.. these look wonderful.. I hope you will do some more.. they get a bit addictive too!! and yes new month tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your works! the layout is simply amazing, so sweet! Love the colors and design on the first card and the second is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your work for quite a while and love it! The LO is beautiful and I must say you should make more cards (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, wow these are too beautiful, and your cards are fabulous! You must make more!! Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete