Saturday, February 1, 2014

Love ~C'est Magnifique Kts and the Feb. sktech!

It's time to show you the gorgeous Feb sketch for C'est Magnifique! This is a photo of my hubby and I, taken during a family photo shoot we had done in November. I used a lot of the Deco Art Snow Tex that came in the main kit as I wanted my layout to have a wintry, blustery effect. I really like the way it turned out!

To create  this layout I used the main kit, the flower add on, the embellishment add on, and the MMM kit. From my own stash: stencil, homemade modeling paste, leaves, border punches, gesso, black pen, drywall tape.


This is the stunning sketch designed by Michelle Singh. You can check out her work here.

 close ups:
 close up of the flower cluster. I dabbed on lots of the Snow Tex on the flowers and leaves.


A close up on the Blue Fern Studios swirly chippie. I first painted it with gesso and then dabbed on lots of the Snow Tex.

Lots of Snow Tex built up around this flower and ribbon accent....looks just like one of the snow banks we have at home, just a whole lot smaller!

I added more Snow Tex to this Prima window and around the top part of the photo...the wind sure must of being blowing hard to get inside the window!

I used the stencil that came in the MMM kit and home made modeling paste. I got the recipe from Gabrielle Pollacco   

Just a closer look at the photo I used.

I hope that you will give the sketch a try!

Be sure and check the C'est Magnifique BLOG  to see all the challenge rules. We would love to see your layouts using our sketch.  Our Sketch Challenge is open to everyone and you may use any supplies you have on hand.  You do not need to be a member of our kit club to participate nor do you  have to use any specific products.  Feel free to flip or rotate the sketch, but we do want to be able to look at your layout and tell that you used the sketch.

Be Blessed! 


6 comments:

  1. This is trully inspiring !!! And wintery indeed !! Nice work with all these details you used, very balanced composition !! Thank you for sharing your work and ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...just lovely! Do you have to use a heat gun on the snow tex to keep it in place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Susan! No, you do not have to use a heat gun for it to stay in place. I probably did, but thats because I'm always in a hurry to move on to the next part and never wait for anything to dry by its self. lol

      Delete