Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January/14 Sketch reveal! ~C'est Magnifique Kits~


Hello everyone! Happy New Year! I pray that you are all safe and sound and brought the New Year in with a bang! Safely, that is!  Its time to show you the January sketch from C'est Magnifique kits, and my take on it, using the Jan/14 kit called "The Height of Chic"! The sketch is designed by Michele Singh, and before I show it to you I'll show you my layout and some close ups!

This layout features my sister and her hubby on their wedding day! The sketch was really fun to work with, so many possibilities! I disrtessed the edges and did some tearing, misting and stamping! To create this layout I used the January Main Kit, the Flower Add-On, the Embellishment Add-On and the pink roses from the Mixed Media Add-on  From my stash: Prima masks, molding paste, mists, chalk ink, Gesso, Martha Stewart border punches, bits of lace, stamp, cheese cloth.

 close ups:
 This Blue Ferns Studios' chipboard title came with the Main Kit, and I used sprays and chalk inks to give it this Ombre effect, after I had primed it with gesso. I splattered the page with spray mist and let some run down the page, and I splattered some of the blue glaze from the MMM Kit in the bottom left corner and the top right corner.

 I did some stamping with a Prima stamp - love this stitched circle stamp! I used some of the chalk ink that came in the Main Kit, and the black is from my stash.

   I painted the stencil in the top left hand corner with a spray mist, on top of the molding paste when it was dry. I love how it mimics the leaves and branches on the photo. I had cut the leaves from whte cardstock from my stash and painted them with the same spray mist. The words "The Big Day" came from the inside of a cardboard box that held a gift from my Aunt.  I also did some fussy cutting.

 Here you can see the Prima lampstand from the Main Kit, I painted it with the Silks Acrylic Glaze that came in the Embellishment Add-on and wiped most of it off so just a hint of color remained. I also used the glaze to paint the wooden doily from the Main Kit.

The pink roses come from the Mixed Media Kit, but I had them in my stash. I did some fussy cutting, and added some cheese cloth around the flower clusters.  I finished everything off with touches of gesso!



Here is the sketch by Michele Singh. check out her blog 


Be sure and check the C'est Magnifique BLOG  to see all the challenge rules. We would love to see your layouts using our sketch.  Our Sketch Challenge is open to everyone and you may use any supplies you have on hand.  You do not need to be a member of our kit club to participate nor do you  have to use any specific products.  Feel free to flip or rotate the sketch, but we do want to be able to look at your layout and tell that you used the sketch. 

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment