Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Altered sketch binder

Hello scrappy friends! Today I want to share with you a project I made this weekend at my local weekend crop!  Since I am on 2 sketch design teams I thought it would be a good idea to alter a cheap chipboard binder [$2] that I got at Wal-Mart. I already have been using a binder to store my sketches in figured altering my own would be much more inspiring to use!


 First off I painted the inside of the binder with Gesso and then with plain white acrylic paint.  For the outside I used Prima's Romance Novel collection.  To say I love Prima would be an understatement! I used Rangers matte medium to glue down the paper.

Decorating the cover was lots of fun, as I chose to use the other love of my scrappy life....Dusty Attic chippies!  I used some of their hinges and leaves and large corner flourish. Lots of painting and inking and crackling going on here!  I used Helmars Quick Dry glue.



Here is just a closer look at the decorating.  Thanks so much for dropping by and seeing my latest work! Hope you all have a great week and be Blessed!


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to keep your sketches in, and it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiiii Bonnie :) I am finally popping by to see what you have done lately and these are all just too too gorgeous ! LOVE this binder too

    ReplyDelete