Friday, March 2, 2012

Altered book mail holder

Hi everyone! Sorry my blog was messed up for so long..... I had been viewing it on my Ipad the last few months and things looked normal on there!  I got it all fixed up and ready for action!  I want to share with you something I saw on a DIY show.  It is an altered book mail holder!  I KNEW there must be a way to store your letters and receipts in a way that looks good!


I started with a hard cover book about the size of a paperback novel. The other items needed are pattern paper, tissue tape and Mod Podge or Matte Medium and a brush.



The first thing you need to do is fold each individual page in half, tucking tightly into center seam of the book, use your fingers or a bone folder to make a sharp crease.


Using your tissue tape, cover the spine of the book, and all the other edges.


Now take your pre-cut pattern paper [mine was approx 4 x 6 inches]  adhere the paper to the inside and outside cover. I wanted the tissue tape exposed so this is how I did it, but use your imagination and do what you like.  Easy Peasy!

p.s. I added 2 coats of Matte Medium over top of the paper and the tissue tape!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! It must take forever to fold the pages though.

    ReplyDelete