Sunday, August 1, 2010

Guest Designer at My Little Sketch Book!!

This is my 2/3 time as a Guest Designer over at My little Sketch Book. Here is the amazing sketch that she sent me, as well as 2 others, to work with. Liz knows my preference is to work with single photos on a layout, but this time I thought I'd surprise her and use 2!  I loved the fact that the sketch has lots of layer of papers.  I knew what photos I wanted to use, as my sister took family photos of us at our son's High School Graduation at the end of June.

Here is what I came up with!

Smooch!


I used my Summer Serenity kit from Swirlydoos.  I thought it had a good combo of feminine/masculine  papers, and, because I just love Basic Grey!


Here is something I hadn't tried before!  On the photo on the left, I folded back the corner on the right edge of the paper without making a crease and secured it with a brad.  I then added the rose pin w/lace and some paper leaves peeking out from underneath. 



I made my twisted camelot doop flowers, minus the mini rose for the middle.  Instead I used the buttons that came with the kit, and spritzed the flowers with Shimmers Spritz Vibez in Red-y or Not, then Stickled the edges.




I rolled the bottom edge of this strip of paper, showing the reverse side of the pattern paper.  The Thickers letters came with the kit as well, but they were white.  I spritzed them with the Shimmerz Vibez Red-y or Not Spritz, giving them the pink speckled shimmery effect.


Just a different angle on the flowers, The rub on that reads, "Love is what makes the ride worthwhile".  I used my MS butterfly punch and some Prima 'Say it in Pearls' from my stash.


Thank you so much for coming to visit me, and please, leave a comment! I love hearing from you!  Don't forget to check out Heather and Lisa's  interpretation of Liz's sketch over at My little Sketch Book , and leave them some love too! Liz, thank you for another opportunity to share my work with you!

8 comments:

  1. Your LO is absolutely AMAZING!! wow! love all the detailed work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice layout, Bonnie! I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love this Bonnie!!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly gorgeous layout! I saw it over on My Little Sketch Blook! Your details are amazing and I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...love this layout...your work is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work Bonnie, I love your flowers and that layout really rocks!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie what beautiful work!! I Love love love the title work... and your flowers... wow!!!
    I also want to thank you for the sweet kind words you left on my blog regarding my mom! I am sorry for your loss......
    Scrappers are the best buddies! Your thoughts really mean alot! thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete