Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On line crop at LIITD!

Feel the Love. That was the theme of Sundays on line crop at Love is in the Details
With all the different challenges there were, there is lots of reasons to feel the love! We have till Feb 28th at 8 pm to upload our layouts! Thats feelin' the LOVE!!
I didn't get to partake in the chitchat that was going on, as we had a wedding to attend, but I did get started on one, and finished off the finishing touches later Sunday night. Here it is!

Eyes to die for

This l/o is for Melissa's Love you SEW much challenge!

This is my sweet son Jordan at the age of 3. He had[still does] such beautiful blue eyes and the longest eyelashes any woman would die for! So how fair is that? Since they are on my son, I've enjoyed looking at them for many years. :)

For the background and the circle, I used My Minds Eye pattern paper. The blocks of paper and the border were made from Basic Grey Recess line. I loved how the 2 line went so well together. I distressed all the papers and inked them all with Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I got the idea from Megan at Above Ruby Studio
to used a foam brush to apply the ink so I can control it better and get a more blended look. I like it that I can have the edges more intense, and getting softer as I move into the paper. I used my Gypsy/Cricut to cut out the circle, dandelions and the border. The carts I used were the Gypsy Wanderings and Home Accents




For the "sewing" part, I faux stitched the edges of the circle and the pp on the left side in brown, and the pp on the right, I used my white Souffle pen. On the edge of the matting on the photo I used my blue Souffle pen to put dots around it. I bought these cute bronzed pearls at Dollarama and used them as accent points in the Argyle border, and then I outline the border with my brown pen to hlep make it pop.
I had cut the dandelions out in white cardstock but decided to ink them with a brown ink. On the ends I used Rangers Distress Stickles in Picket Fence. I used Doodlebug Designs Candy Shoppe Alphas, but inked them a bit to tone down the intensity.


I love my punches! I used my EK Success Swiss Cheese punch down the edge of the paper on the left side. Then, I took my Turquoise Stickles and filled in the circles!
The journalling reads " Why is it that the boys are the ones to get the big blue eyes and the long curled lashes?" Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share my love of scrapbooking with me!

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to have found your blog. I myself am not really a scapper; yet I always find myself looking in amazement and interest at other peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful layout...I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete